Preconstruction ServicesWhayland guides you through the daunting “get ready” process
This is frequently the most difficult part of any project. Concept, design, financing and permits must be in perfect order before a shovel hits the ground.
- Program Development and Management: Whayland can facilitate you or your group in establishing your vision and developing a plan for realizing it. We help you decide where you want to go and show you the best way to get there. We can assist you in implementing the plan each step of the way by managing the process on your behalf. This service is especially valuable for organizations with multiple stakeholders, such as community centers, non-profits and associations. It is equally effective for multiple phase and multiple site projects.
- Financing Assistance: Through our affiliation with Bank of Delmarva, our relationships with other financial institutions and our knowledge of available loan guarantee programs and other government resources, Whayland can assist in arranging a financing package that suits your needs. We can arrange sale/leaseback transactions through Butler Real Estate, a subsidiary of Butler Manufacturing Company, or through the Sperry Van Ness network of private investors available through SVN Delaware, LLC.
- Design Services Acquisition and Management: Whayland knows how to get the most for your design dollar. Let us show you how to:
- Interview prospective service providers
- Determine what questions to ask
- Find out what disciplines and services you really need
- Learn how to structure the phasing and compensation for their work so you don’t pay too much, or pay for capabilities not required for your project. Once the designers are on board, we represent your interests to them, help them stay focused on the program and advise them on constructability issues and costs. We review their work at various stages, provide you with updates and facilitate periodic meetings for them to review their work with you. We review their request for payment and make a recommendation to you.
- Permit Acquisition: Whayland guides your project through the many government agencies having jurisdiction over it. Several of them now require a preliminary review prior to the actual permit application and all of them have prescribed procedures for approval. We are familiar with them and how they do business, and how they relate with each other and you. With that knowledge, we can take your project through the permit maze with a minimum amount of detour and delay.
Call Us Today for a Free Quote at 302-875-5445